We are Wellbeing Institute Netherlands or Werkgeluk Instituut Nederland in Dutch and WIN in short.
Our mission is to improve happiness at work In organizations, in teams, and for individuals. Because we believe happiness at work improves people’s life helps companies to stay relevant in the future and contributes to a better society.
We believe putting people first is the key to long term success. No matter your strategy and goals, it’s all about the people making it happen, right? Not many will disagree, but reality often is very different. Research by Gallup (*) is showing year after year that less than a shocking 20% of the employees worldwide are truly engaged. The good news is there is a lot to be gained. Imagine you would be able to find the key to unlock big chunks of the remaining 80% engagement potential. No doubt that great heights are within reach when all that energy and talent of your employees is unleashed.
In our research (**) we discovered 5 main drivers for wellbeing and happiness at work:
Purpose: experiencing purpose and meaning in the company they work for and in their daily work is important to people. It’s about believing in what you do and most important of all, WHY you do it. In Japan it’s called Ikigai, the reason you get up in the morning.
Talents: work should be fun, and people want to put their talents to use. Being able to leverage strengths and being able to develop their talents to make people happy. People like to learn and grow, it’s in our nature. Letting people know that their personal development is important to the company shows appreciation and creates engagement.
Autonomy: Giving people as much freedom and autonomy as possible will be rewarded by employees taking responsibility and giving it their very best. Giving your employees all the freedom and autonomy shows that you want to build trust more than anything else in the world. Creating trust in your company by giving people responsibility should be on top of your list. The more autonomy you give and allow people to do what they think is best, the more people will go all-in with all of their energy, their talents, and commitment.
Relations: People want a sense of belonging; they want to feel being part of the company and the team. We are social creatures wanting to have fun and bond with others. It gives meaning to life. A dedicated team working their butts off for a good result and celebrating successes is a great experience. Great cooperation energizes. Did we already mention it is fun?
Leadership: Looking at all things above it’s no surprise that leadership is a key influencer for happiness at work. Bad leadership is one of the main reasons employees will leave the company. A great leader on the other hand can be a catalyst for happiness at work by creating trust, giving employees autonomy, and support people's development.
(*) Gallups research: state of the global workplace
(**) In cooperation with Fontys University of Applied Sciences
We can help you to realize your happiness at work ambition in your organization or team. We perform happiness at work surveys and help you improve by offering consultancy services, training, and coaching.
In our way of working we aim to inspire others, provide new insights, and make an impact.
We don’t believe in quick fixes. Improving happiness at work is a fundamental change for companies in the long term. Let us help you start the happiness at work movement today!
Notice: Function the_widget was called incorrectly. Widgets need to be registered using register_widget(), before they can be displayed. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 4.9.0.) in /www/prototypingwork_655/public/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5833
This site uses functional cookies and external scripts to improve your experience.
FIre it up
Want monthly inspiration, right into your mailbox? And get our Canvas for free. What are you waiting for, enter your mail address and we’ll keep you energized.